Sunday, June 3, 2012

BATTLE ROYALE by Koushun Takami


Battle Royale is both disturbing and inspiring. That's not a very good combination, right? You'll understand me more clearly when you're done with its final page and you've already thought of the many messages that are lying beneath every page that you turned.

When it was released in Japan, the novel was banned. Everyone who happened to read the book could easily tell why. It was full of blood, guns, and everything that your momma told you you should not read about.

The story is about a class from Shiroiwa Junior High School, picked into the annual Battle Royale and forced to fight each other until only one student remains. In a lot of ways, it is actually similar to the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy. 
I bought this book from eBay right after reading my friend's copy of it. I decided I should have a copy to keep for my self.

And since then, I have been waiting Takami's second book.

1 comment: